Friday, April 20, 2012

Wandering in Cannes and Antibes


Peur du jour- 12 Avril 2012: Not planning ahead

Normally, I am the type of person who loves to have a map. And addresses to put on the map. And the best route between the addresses I'm going to put on the map. And approximate times that I would like to be at these addresses and taking these routes on the map. Basically, I like to plan.

So today, when I went to Cannes and Antibes with no plan (other than remembering the directions and sites that Tammy had told me at the breakfast table), you would imagine that I had a terrible time. Quite the contrary. In my quest for a free/clean bathroom in Cannes, I found this:

Musée de la castre - a tower I got to climb!

A view towards the West
A view towards the East- the port and downtown Cannes


After seeing this from afar in Antibes:
Something intriguing from the port of Antibes

I decided to pull a Julius Cesear and conquer it.

Fort Carré- Antibes, France

Mission accomplished.

And everything's a little more fun when you're not stressed about fitting in everything you planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment