Saturday, April 21, 2012

The Paris Metro

Peur du jour- 15 Avril 2012: (Successfully) Navigating the Paris Metro on my lonesome

It's always a little unnerving when you are navigating a new area on your own. It's a little more unnerving when this area is congested and complex. It's even more unnerving when you've heard about everything that could go wrong (in this case: pick pockets and not going the wrong direction and getting horribly lost).

But I am here to tell you that the Paris metro is not so scary. After my six hour train ride from Nice to Paris, I groggily entered the bowels of the city (the metro, not the sewers). I even figured out how to buy tickets in one try! Nothing was stolen from me. I was not attacked. I didn't miss my stop. I didn't get lost. All in all a very boring story.

And sometimes it's better that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment