Tuesday, April 24, 2012

An energizer bunny in Paris

Peur du jour- 19 Avril 2012: Being a traveling machine

On this day in Paris, I literally did not sit down for more than five minutes until my metro ride back to the hostel at 11 pm at night. I ate all three meals sur le pouce (on the go, literally "on the thumb") while walking from destination to destination. I may have felt like I was going to collapse at the end of the day, but I got to do everything in Paris I had planned to do. Worth it.


We spent about three hours at la tour eiffel waiting in line to go to the top and enjoying the beautiful views!

La Tour Kathleen
 We walked from la tour eiffel to le louvre because it was such a beautiful day! We stayed there until they literally herded us out at closing.


Lauren and I went to the extended hours at le musée d'orsay where we drooled over Monets and Renoirs and Degas and Manets and Sisleys and Gauguins and Seurats and Toulouse-Lautrecs until we were once again herded out at closing. Heaven.

Le Musée d'orsay is housed in an old train station
These magnificent clocks overlook la seine


We ended the night with a walk along the Seine and a viewing of la tour eiffel's light show.

No comments:

Post a Comment