Friday, January 13, 2012

Hit the ground running


Peur du jour: 13 Janvier 2011- Goin' for a run in the "big city"

So during the aforementioned talk on security that we had during our orientation period, I had asked if it was okay to go jogging. Our program director said she didn't really feel comfortable with me going alone (especially because I said I was going to run with my ipod). So I've been avoiding exercise and wavering about whether to join a sports club or a gym or something and today I decide to just do it. I just went for a jog. It was perfect.


I had one of those is-this-my-life? moments here:

Château d'eau

And here:
Les arceaux  

And here:
L'arc de triomphe (predates that of Paris)

What's more, somehow my "Welcome to France" playlist (I made it for my train ride from Paris to Montpellier) got into one of my running playlists so as I got my very first glimpse of the Mediterranean Sea, this song started playing. No, I'm not kidding. It's almost as cool as the time I was running in DC and this song came on as I passed the Ford Theatre.

So, I'll make sure to run in public and visible places during hours of the day where the sun is still smiling. But after a week and a half of not exercising, a run through MPL was just what the doctor ordered.

PS) Greetings from the future, Amber! 

4 comments:

  1. Curious - what else is on your playlist? - one morning in Paris, I was the only one running (or doing anything for that matter - it was 5.30, but bright in August) on the Avenue des Champs-Élysées. I know that feeling... I recommend Patricia Kaas singing La Vie en Rose -

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a lot of kind of French pop songs. But I also had some Claude Debussy. There's just something about listening to French music in France..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your program director sounds like kind of a scaredy pants. :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She calls herself a "mother hen" I think that she may just trying to get people to realize that they are not at UNC anymore, but I feel like living in DC and frequently visiting Chicago has taught me city safety.

      Delete