Thursday, May 3, 2012

Mon mot préféré

My love of words is such that I have a list of my favorites in both languages.
  • In English: erroneous, obfuscate, particularly, obliterate, etc. 
  • In French: se débrouiller, oreiller, laïcité, etc. 
I like these words not because of their denotations, but because of how they sound and how they feel in my mouth when I say them. There is one French word, however, that I am in love with. More than feeling nice to say, it's the word I would like to choose to describe my life if I could only choose one:

Epanouissement nm. 1. [of a flower] blooming, opening. - 2. [of an expression] brightening. - 3. [of the body] filling out - 4. [of a personality] flowering.

I am flourishing in France with no shortage of epanouissement.

No comments:

Post a Comment