Friday, February 10, 2012

You've got "une amie" in me

Alright, I've been remiss. Tuesday and Wednesday were uneventful and then Thursday was jam packed:
  • 3h00: Wake up in a groggy haze, feeling like death to watch the UNC-d00k game
  • 4h30: Feeling good about our performance after halftime
  • 5h15: Go to back to bed mildly depressed
  • 8h30: Wake up and kick box
  • 10h30: Leave the house to head over to Lycée Jules Guesde (that middle s is silent... weird) to volunteer
  • 15h15: Class
  • 18h30: Leave the house to go to La Source (my worship group)
  • 23h30: Get home, collapse in bed

 Fear has not really been an issue in my life this week, so instead I'll give you five reasons why having a French friends is awesome.
  1. An opportunity to parler en français!
  2. If someone uses a word I don't understand, I can ask for an explanation
  3. An opportunity to practice bises (I really hope I am getting less awkward at it...) 
  4. They can introduce me to more French people and French things!
  5. They really  make me want to get better at French so I can talk more with them!
Also, they are not just amazing because they are French, but because they are truly some of the nicest, warmest, friendliest, most welcoming people I have ever met. I have also realized that I enjoy their company so much because I'm just me. There are no pretenses. I don't know what's "cool" so I don't have to worry about acting that way. I've accepted my goofy American-ness (which is just how I am in general), so there's no pressure to "fit in." I hope I can bring this back with me.

1 comment: